Collected Adds Two New Stores to their Collection!
Collected is proud to announce that we just added two new stores to our collection! Many of you saw the press release that went out yesterday about Collected buying the Hurst and Plano locations of Lone Star Comics and we have been flooded with questions.
First off we would like thank the awesome customers and friends that have helped launch Collected and have made us successful enough to expand. Here are answers to some of the questions we have received…
• The transition takes place September 1, 2013.
• Brent is not leaving Ape Comics. Brent is an integral part of both companies and there are too many synergies and opportunities available between the companies for us not to be excited about working together.
• We are retaining the existing staff in all locations. We are very happy with the jobs that Mike, Rick, and their teams have done in service to Lone Star and are excited to help them grow and exceed all your expectations!
• Brent and Ron will both be visible, accessible and working in the stores. The main reason we started this business was because we love interacting with YOU! We will not give that up.
• All current services and benefits (such as sub service) that are available at each location currently are staying in place. We plan to augment and bring new services and benefits to make your experience in all of our stores even more exciting.
• There are no immediate plans to move existing stores.
• All operating hours will remain consistent with current hours. There may be a few tweaks here and there, but nothing major.
• One of the great benefits of having multiple stores is that we are now able to source and bring in new product lines. These will be in addition to all of the current great products carried in each store. And, yes… we will be adding back issues to each location!
• We are in the process of exploring programs that will take the place of the Hero Point system.
• Collected has always been very active in the local and regional convention circuit and we will continue this as well as being active in all of the local geek related communities from gaming to cosplay, to movie releases and comic book clubs.
• We will be distributing applications to all stores on September 1. As we are keeping all staff at each location there are no current openings, but we do plan on expanding and there will be future opportunities for qualified individuals.
• Collected is extremely proud of the fill rate success we have on special orders in our current TCU location. We order from multiple sources, are direct with many manufacturers and have been able to fill over 98% of in print items for our customers. We plan on keeping this success rate and expanding to all locations.
• Collected TCU currently appraises and purchases collectibles in store. We will be expanding this to all locations on an appointment basis. So if you have comics, games, toys, or other collectibles that you are looking to sell or trade, we will be happy to look at them in store.
• We will be maintaining all of the current events that are happening in the stores. Fear not that your favorite game of comic event will be going away. We will also be adding many new events that will give everyone the chance to experience the stores in a whole new way!
• THERE WILL BE CREATOR APPEARANCES AND SIGNINGS! For those who know Brent and Ron, you know in our past incarnations owning stores we have hosted such great creators as Neil Gaiman, Jim Lee, Marc Silvestri, Jeff Smith, Peter David, Richard and Wendy Pini, J Scott Campbell, Drew Hayes, and many more. We even had Richard Garfield stop by and teach us how to play this little game called Magic the Gathering when the Alpha set first came out. This is who we are and another aspect of this business that we love. If you are a creator (that means writer, artist, game designer, etc) and would like to have an appearance in our store,, please contact us. If you are a fan, let us know who you would like to meet and have us bring into the stores!
• We have always been and will always be HUGE supporters for local talent and local companies. Stop by and make sure we know about your favorites so we can help support them!